Fellow Clio travellers, My design project is done for now, as I’m departing for a field trip to Indonesia and Malaysia for two weeks. I’ve attached a few of my struggles in the design process to date. The first thumbnail is a glimpse of the HTML and CSS reverse engineering I used to figure out how to how to make a blog and a web page marry up. I was surprised how long it took to deconstruct 4 pages of CSS and a couple of pages of HTML!
After I got my first draft up and running, I applied heavy doses of alignment, repetition, contrast, and proximity. At this point the project started getting fun.
Please take a look at my second draft. CLICK HERE FOR 2nd DRAFT I was pretty happy that it was looking so good. I re-read all the design readings and started to get very critical. I was reluctatnt to change my fonts around and I really wasn’t comfortable moving the logo to the left side for alignment. I did it anyway and it kind of grew on me.
Please CLICK HERE FOR THE FINAL RESULTS. Please let me know which design you like better! I know of one small design glitch that I can’t fix here due to technology limitations on my computer at home, I look forward to seeing if you catch it in class on the 17th…please take some notes for me on the results of the murder board.
Next steps to move from the design project to the final project will be to migrate all the design fixes from the design page index.html to the blog side at oncombat.net/blog and to intertwine the content of the two below the top nav list